Niki from Rebel Recipes, one of the U.K’s leading vegan influencers, has whipped up a healthy, delicious brunch menu exclusively for Thomson & Scott. Add a splash of Skinny Prosecco to the batter for extra fluffiness, and serve with plenty of red berries. Mix a Skinny Prosecco mimosa with mum’s favourite juice (we love mixed berries), and add as many hugs as there are sparkles in the glass.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice – we suggest coconut honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 handfuls blueberries
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 big handful blueberries
- 1/2 tsp coconut honey
- Splash water
- Toasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt
- Preheat a pan with a little coconut oil. The pan needs to be quite hot around Gas Mark 6.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla essence, mashed banana, coconut honey (or sweetener of choice) & water to a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine and form a thick batter.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture a ladle full at a time into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until the underside is firm. Carefully flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute or so until the pancakes are cooked through and slightly golden.
- To make the blueberry compote; add the blueberries, water & coconut honey to a saucepan and simmer on a medium heat until the blueberries start to melt down.
- Top the pancakes with coconut yogurt, blueberry compote and crunchy toasted walnuts.
There’s no better way to pair your banana blueberry buckwheat pancakes than with our signature Skinny Prosecco Berry Mimosas!
Simply take some mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries and strawberries) and blend them with a dash of lemon juice and 15ml of St Germain Liqueur.
Pour the mix in champagne flutes and top with perfectly chilled Thomson & Scott Skinny Prosecco.
For more details please click here